December 30, 2009

pink-eyed flipsy (part II)

days went by ,
i was still flipsy the pink-eyed :)

another day at school , the day when my class blackboard got replaced by a new modern whiteboard. it was so shiny , and when mrs.eve wrote on it , it was squeaking, i did hate the sound but gradually got adapted to.

my mom always told me , i was a magic happened in her life . i knew that . since i have these clear-pink eyes, magic eyes, mom said . beside that , i also employed a very magical thinking of view. my mom used to be anxious about that, wonder why ?

the same whiteboard-day ,
i kept watching the new board , the new shiny board , it was so shiny like i mentioned, so shiny as eyes were. after got bored watching the whiteboard, i did slide my eyes to watch the marker, yes the black-coloured marker that mrs.eve used to write on something. can you see what i imagined ? i imagined of how that marker would be applied completely the same onto the eyes , covering up my pink-parts.

after people did empty the class , i stole the marker , did hide it in my skirt's pocket.

when i got home, i immediately stood in front of the mirror, and minutes after, i started to colour up my eyes. i started from the middle , from the pinkest part , my mom called it pink-pil instead of pupil. it was hurt. colouring my eyes that way. but i convinced my self by saying "that's okay flipsy, that's what whiteboard always feels", my sight totally got vagued in a sudden, i barely saw things , but i successfully found a way to the kitchen , in purpose to show my mom how great were my black eyes . i poked my mom's leg, and said "momma , look at my eyes, aren't they prettier this way?" then my mom slowly noticed what happened to my eyes, screamed, took her coat, and pulled my arm impatiently. we were right away to the doctor.

the doctor said that my eyes got irritated . i had to get my eyes covered up by bandage for a week . lateness toward handling would apparently made a permanent blindness. my mom really got mad. a real magical thinking i had, wasn't it ? no wonder why my mom always got anxious about me . i had something different . my mom has noticed it since i was so tiny.

after skipping school for a week , i came back to school . mrs.eve warned me not to do anything ridiculous with my eyes, she said "flipsy, why are you so headstrong that you want your eyes to be the same as your friends'? yours are cool i say , your eyes look like candies , sweet , and you can ask people that they really would to have a pair like yours, be grateful sweet pea" , i replied "thank you mrs. eve, you're so kind , but i want a pair of normal eyes , not a candy-like pair" then i gave her my fake smile.

it was early may ,
i was still alone , friendless .
i was still with my pink eyes , i'd rather to have no friend than got my mom mad . my mom equaled my happiness. i didn't want to see her upset again after the whiteboard-accident.

that morning,
mrs.eve announced that we were welcoming a new student from east-rubibian, her name was chedelide, she was so pale and red-haired , but i thought she was sweet. mrs. eve asked her to choose a chair to sit, she choosed to sit right in front of me. i kinda liked it , see seemed friendly anyway. after sitting in front of me, she peeped on me through a space between her hair, and i saw her smiled at me. i smiled back at her . she said something that i could clearly heard, she said : i personally like your eyes .
and i was like , wow !
i was blushed .

to be continued ...

x,
cynthia

4 comments:

idonaprizal said...

b.ing-nya jagoan euy!
rada ribet juga sih baca cerpen berbahasa inggris kaya gini...
tapi setelah dibaca ceritanya bagus pisan dan gaya penulisannya enak buat dibaca (dari mulai seorang anak berusia 5 tahun yang memiliki bola mata pink trus masuk sekolah trus diejekin ama temen temennya trus jadi ga mau sekolah lagi trus ada karakter guru yang gendut trus yang bodor dia ngambi spidol buat ngewarnain bola matanya biar jadi warna item hahahah..) nice story!

dasar budak leutik pisan, beda tibatur teh embung pisan hayangna teh sarua weh jeung nu lain...hehehe padahal kan panon warna nu kituw teh alus!

baca yang pertama ama yang kedua jadi nungguin yang ketiga dan yang selanjutnya kekee...

hebatan bisa nulis cerita fiksi kaya gini, MANTAP!

terus berkarya ditunggu kelanjutan ceritannya!

double-decker love. said...

i hereby enclosed my guilt of being not enjoy being myself.

cynthia a putri said...

@ idon : hehehe,thanks a bunch! terima kasih ya karena udah suka sama ceritanya dan suka sama karakternya juga :)
ve been working hard on things here :D
tungguin cerita selanjutnya ya ...

@ sam : hahaha,definitely,i feel the same too,thus i knew well what flipsy felt,tunggu lanjutannya yaa :D

ranti nauli said...

the story teach me to love my own self and don't pretend to be someone else and hide truly me.

keep it works baby !! can't wait to read next.